Sunday, October 02, 2005

Experiencing technical difficulty

On Friday, the power went out in our dorm for what I believe was a very brief period of time. This caused the washers and dryers, except for one of each, to be turned off. Nobody has thought to turn them back on, because apparently everyone who is capable of doing that has gone home for the weekend.

Yesterday, a warehouse/factory a few blocks away caught on fire and created large amounts of smoke. We also believe it caused disruptions in the power and phone lines. The power in one of the other dorms went out briefly last night and apparently the phones all over campus did, too. Our internet connection has not come back yet and they say it may take until the end of tomorrow. (How, you may ask, am I posting this if we have no internet? For some strange and unexplainable reason, the internet works in this study room. Slightly inconvenient, but better than having to use the lab all the way across campus.)

My brain, I believe, is also experiencing technical difficulty. I woke up at 4 this morning and had to resort to watching AMC for a few hours. I had intended to watch the sunrise, but forgot that it would happen on the other side of the building. I think I scared the guy who came to empty the garbage at 6, but he didn't say anything. It was cold in the lounge. But that is perhaps besides the point...

3 Comments:

Blogger wplmom said...

Life without internet is not technically possible.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

At least this, without internet, is not possible.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I understand. I am opposed to phones and sometimes tv and usually cars, but the internet is always okay.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home