Saturday, April 15, 2006

Philly and...New Jersey?

A beautiful summer-like day in the historic city of Philadelphia. First stop, the art museum. Really big staircase. Really big building, too. Nice pictures, sculptures, chandeliers, knights in shining armor, etc. Next we wandered outside for a while. I tried to take a picture of a big bumblebee that was taunting me. Then we drove down to the historic district, parked under the visitor center, and started walking.
We walked a lot. Mostly in circles, or rather, squares. We saw the port with an Irish monument, many famous buildings, pidgeons, cute children, and much more. I love the cute little gardens on practically every corner. I took lots of pictures, especially of flowers and birds and almost of a squirrel. (They're not as friendly as on campus, or at least not as friendly as the birds were.) We spent several hours trying to find a restaurant, with little success. We did find a library. It was little and cute and had a big section in Chinese. We eventually decided just to get the car and go find food somewhere else. So we retrieved the car from the garage and ended up on the Ben Franklin Bridge. To New Jersey. I took some nice pics of the bridge. Going both ways...
Eventually we made it back on track, got off at King of Prussia, and decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. While waiting for a table, we explored Borders. I read the first two chapters of The Virgin Blue. The food was very good. I had the pecan encrusted catfish, which came with mashed potatoes and corn succatash. And strawberry lemonade. It was delicious. The food was probably the best part about today. Ok, definitely. From the fresh marble bagel this morning, to the strawberry shortcake ice cream at snack time, to dinner, it was really, really good. So while my feet might not be very happy, my stomach's not doing too bad. And since I didn't use my meal tickets today, I can stock up on pizza for the rest of the week. :)

So yeah, Philly goes on the list of places I could possible live someday.

1 Comments:

Blogger wplmom said...

How come we didn't see any really cool stuff when we were in Philly (except maybe at the zoo)? I guess we were in the wrong places. Even the food was not anything special. I guess I would have written the place off, so I'm happy you found good things. I liked your pictures too!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home