Monday, February 28, 2005

It's snowing, it's blizzarding...

Somehow that doesn't have the same ring as "it's raining, it's pouring".
In any case, that is what it has been doing all afternoon and evening. So much so, in fact, that we decided not to brave the elements in order to go to dinner. Instead, we made the poor pizza delivery guy come to us. The we sat around in the nice warm, dry lounge and talked about random things, such as habits our brothers have regarding their use of the bathroom. Later, we watched in amusement as Anastasia, acting on my suggestion to push M into a bush, slipped and soaked her pants. It didn't help, I'm sure, that she was wearing flip flops. Then, the two of them got the idea to drag me outside and dump me someplace cold, but I was able to thwart their evil plans by holding onto the wall, with my feet. (Some guy in the lobby was laughing at us, but we will deal with him later.) I locked M and myself in the outer stairwell while she was taking out the pizza boxes, so we had to run around to the front door anyway, and I was only in my socks. Oops. Hopefully it will keep snowing enough so that I won't have to go to Spanish tomorrow. And now, one fun thing to do when there is a fresh coat of snow on everything: draw pictures/write messages on the windows of cars.

1 Comments:

Blogger wplmom said...

Lucky you! Kids here were hoping for a snow day, despite the fact that they were off all last week. Fat chance, I said. We got about 4 inches or so overnight, and its still snowing...But a slow, lazy snow, so I doubt it will amount to much. But it is pretty, that blanket of white... muffling sounds, brightening the day, and offering comfort.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home