Saturday, November 05, 2005

TV Commercials

I guess I'll never understand why television-programmer-people put the commercials at the times that they appear, on the channels they appear.
For example, any night after about 10, any channel, they start playing food commercials. And they always manage to make the food look good, whether it is pizza or chicken fingers. But the funny part is that the restaurants that serve these foods pretty much all close before then. Which makes it hard to go buy from them, even if transportation were available.
And then there are the strange things advertised on Saturday morning during cartoons. Things like big furniture sales and how to perform a self-breast examination. Do kids really care about these things? Should they?
The quality of commercials suffers these days, too. Not that commercials were ever of any great quality, that I knew about, but some of them just don't make any sense. Like not even referring to the product or service being advertised.
But since I am not one of those people who watches tv for the commercials, I guess it doesn't matter. We tend to mute the tv during the commercials. And take bathrooms breaks.

1 Comments:

Blogger wplmom said...

Being one of those people who occasionally does watch TV only for the commercials, I too am disappointed by the lower quality of today's ads. Not only can you not tell what product they are trying to sell, I often find myself wondering who they are marketing to. I mean do men really buy more beer from a brand whose commercials show men as morons and boors? You gotta wonder.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home